At TM, we understand the responsibility that comes with being at the forefront of the nation’s aspirations.
As we lead the charge towards human-led innovation for all, we do so with a steadfast commitment to the highest standards of inclusivity, ethics, integrity and transparency.
These guiding principles ensure that we’re always acting in the best interests of our customers, stakeholders and the world around us.View More
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE OVERVIEW STATEMENT
Nomination & Remuneration Committee
MANAGING DIRECTOR/GROUP CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- Focuses on business strategy, policies, regulatory and corporate matters
Business Operations Council
- Focuses on business and operational execution plans including go-to-market revenue growth
- Authorised to undertake Business Arrangement and investment decisions in accordance to the LoA
- Focuses on business with technology agnostic solution including network, IT, digital, security & mobile/wireless
- Authorised to undertake investment decisions and project approval in accordance to the LoA
Board Leadership and effectiveness
Effective Audit and Risk Management
BOARD AUDIT KEY OBJECTIVES
Assists the Board in fulfilling its oversight functions and responsibilities through independent review of financial information and reporting. BAC provides independent review on the effectiveness and efficiency of the Group’s internal control and recommends corrective actions and enhancement processes. BAC also oversee ethics, integrity and governance matters within the Group under the purview of Group Integrity and Governance (GIG).
BOARD RISK KEY OBJECTIVES
• Providing oversight of the effectiveness of the Company’s ERM framework and policies
• Ensuring adequate processes and systems for identifying and reporting risks and deficiencies including emerging risks
• Ensuring the execution and implementation of sustainability strategy, in order to continue generating economic value
• Managing other stakeholders’ concerns on risks matters
BRC’s role has also been expanded to include the review of strategic investment proposals focusing on the assessment and identification of related key risks and mitigation plans.
Integrity in Corporate Reporting and Meaningful Relationship with Stakeholders
The Board of Directors and Management are firmly committed to good corporate governance that is essential to the sustainability of the Company’s business and performance. TM continues to practice and uphold the highest standards of corporate governance which is fundamental in delivering consistent financial performance, creating long-term economic and sustainable value to all stakeholders.