Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) reiterates its support of the Government's inclusive economic stimulus package – Pakej Rangsangan Ekonomi Prihatin Rakyat 2020 announced by the YAB Prime Minister towards cushioning the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic to the economy and to the Rakyat.
Commenting on the announcement, Dato' Noor Kamarul Anuar Nuruddin, Group Chief Executive Officer, TM said, "TM applauds the Government on the tabling of this holistic, caring and inclusive economic stimulus package to boost the economic well-being of the Rakyat and small businesses that have been severely affected by the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. At TM, we truly understand that connectivity is critical during this unprecedented period and as the enabler of Malaysia's Digital Nation aspiration, we are here to help everyone's stay at home during this Movement Control Period (MCO) easier. We are committed to ensure that our network is always-on and available to customers, so they can stay connected, entertained, productive, informed and continue to be served during the MCO."
"As the nation's telecommunications and digital infrastructure provider, TM has fully supported and will continue to support the industry and the nation's requirements. We have committed the necessary network investment to support any increased demand and are collaborating with other industry players to ensure the availability of uninterrupted connectivity and adequate bandwidth capacity for all. In the meantime, our dedicated employees continue to work tirelessly around the clock, although within the safety guidelines and restrictions imposed by the Government on COVID-19; to ensure the functioning of our network infrastructure and guarantee the continuity of our services. Our support team is readily available and, as always, customers can reach out to us for enquiries and assistance via our multiple customer service channels. We join the nation in paying tribute to our entire medical and essential services frontliners out there, including our 6,000 contact centre agents, technical teams and engineers, and pray that all Malaysians stay safe, healthy, alert and strong while we weather through this testing time together," he added.
Referring to the statements issued on 27 March 2020 by Suruhanjaya Komunikasi dan Multimedia Malaysia (MCMC) and the industry players, TM would like to clarify further on the initiatives we have put in place in support of the Pakej Rangsangan Ekonomi Prihatin Rakyat 2020 and the Nation – for customers, employees and for those in need - throughout the MCO and this challenging time.
unifi's FREE offers to help homes and businesses #sTayhoMe, #stayconnected, #stayentertained and #stayproductive
unifi's unique proposition is and always has been our existing unlimited home and mobile plans. unifi is now providing greater flexibility in their unifi Mobile data plans, and has recently announced several offers to encourage Malaysians to make full use of their time at home; utilising the available digital tools and unifi suite of services which include phone, wifi@unifi, unifi TV and unifi Mobile. This is to ensure that they stay connected especially with friends and family via voice and video calls, messaging or social media and stay productive while working at home. unifi has also extended all the measures announced till 14 April 2020 following the extension of the MCO.
- Keeping everyone entertained with FREE channels on unifi TV and unifi PlayTV
- unifi TV subscribers can also stay entertained with FREE access to all channels on unifi TV (worth RM30 a month), including premium channels and unifi PlayTV; and a 20% discount for all Video-on-Demand (VOD) titles in its HyppFlicks Plus category.
- unifi Mobile providing FREE data for mobile data sharing with family and friends
- FREE 999G LTE hotspot pass for unifi Mobile postpaid users, a boost from their existing 10GB LTE hotspot pass (worth RM59 a month, equivalent to an extra unlimited SIM card plan)
- FREE seven (7)-day unlimited data pass (worth RM80 a month) for unifi Mobile #BEBAS prepaid customers so they will not have to worry about constantly topping-up their credit when they need more data.
- unifi Biz supporting local SMEs to stay productive with productivity tools, Digital Marketing solutions and special financing support from unifi partners
- FREE unifi Mobile Biz LTE hotspot pass for unifi SME customers, as per above
- Staying productive with unifi Biz productivity tools with FREE access to Digital Marketing Solutions (DMS) platform and a 20% discount on tools
- Special financing support from unifi partner banks for disbursement of up to RM1 million in funds for each company and grant a moratorium on repayments for up to six (6) months.
*more info on unifi.com.my and myunifi app
** more info on TM Customer Service Operations during MCO: (Click here)
TM ONE's strong support of the Nation's command centres and essential services for public sector and enterprises to #stayconnected and for customers to #stayserved
- TM Network teams on standby 24-hours to ensure the Nation stays connected
- Performed hundreds of upgrades through its scalable solutions to support enterprises and critical public sector operations
- Supporting the Nation's command centres for ministries and essential services
- Set up new Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre (CPRC) for Ministry of Health (MoH) within a day; manned by TM ONE's call centre agents to assist on enquiries focusing on COVID-19 and MoH related matters.
- Seamless continuous support for both CPRC and Malaysia Government Call Centre (MyGCC).
- 24/7 Command Centre supporting Public Sector and Enterprises to run their critical operations from both home and onsite.
- Special working arrangements for TM contact centre staff, observing MCO guidelines
- Revision of operation hours for TM Contact Centres nationwide since 26 March 2020 to operate from 7.00 am to 9.00 pm, including TM call centre at 100, Live Chat, Social Media and e-mail.
FREE calls to important hotline and emergency numbers including additional coverage for critical sites for Malaysians to #stayinformed and #stayalert
- TM is waiving all call charges made to important hotline and emergency numbers, including the MoH's Crisis Preparedness Response Centre (CPRC), MoH state branches, identified COVID-19 screening and admitting hospitals, and the MCO hotline. This move is made to ensure that Malaysians have free access and are well informed with vital information on COVID-19.
TM WHOLESALE continues to support the industry to ensure seamless and uninterrupted connectivity for Malaysia to #stayconnected
- TM has a vast and diverse network connectivity worldwide that is sufficient to continuously support the demand of internet bandwidth requirement during the MCO period. Coupled with its strong relationships with international telco partners for upgradable international interconnection, via submarine cable systems' network worldwide and co-location as well as peering with the world's technology giants and social networks, TM enables end-users to access and enjoy seamless live video streaming, gaming and other applications provided by multiple content players during their stay at home period.
- TM will also ensure that the Internet requirement in East Malaysia is well catered for as the capacity of all links connecting the Peninsular to East Malaysia is more than enough to support immediate demands by the industry. With this, our customers in East Malaysia will not be deprived of steady internet connectivity during the period of crisis.
- TM is also committed to ensure its core network and fiber optic infrastructure are capable to support any sudden increase in bandwidth requirement for the industry, especially from the mobile players, and ensure that their services to the end users are not interrupted. TM has ample backhaul capacity that can be upgraded to cater for the spikes in data usage of the industry and mobile users.
TM Group Nation Building #staysupported Initiatives during MCO towards ensuring no one gets left behind
- As co-chair and part of the Government-Linked Companies (GLC) and Government-Linked Investment Companies (GLIC) Disaster Response Network (GDRN), TM contributed RM1 million to the MoH and mobilised its team of volunteers together with GDRM members to distribute the medical supplies as well as 300 boxes of non-medical supplies to seven (7) hospitals.
- The Company pledged RM2 million of TM Family Care Packages to be distributed nationwide to those in need, working with the TM regional and state offices. RM1 million of this is part of TM's Zakat contribution.
- TM launched an internal fund-raising campaign – Tabung Kebajikan COVID-19 last week and to date, Warga TM has collectively contributed more than RM200,000 and growing; to support the Group's corporate responsibility effort. The Group has set a minimum target of RM250,000 from this internal fund raising initiative and is confident that it should exceed the target soon.
Proactive measures for Warga TM to #staysafe #stayhealthy and #stayalert in the service of the Nation
- Special Working Arrangements for TM workforce (Warga TM) nationwide in place since 18 March 2020
- 6,000 front liners and engineers working 24x7 in multiple shifts
- Flexible working hours or split working teams for Warga TM with critical functions
- Work from home utilising digital channels and online productivity tools available for Warga TM with non-critical functions
- Special allowance for all TM customer service frontliners who have to work during the MCO period
- Activated TM's COVID-19 Response Team in charge of implementing the necessary Business Continuity Plan (BCP) measures to ensure the health and safety of employees and partners
- Frequent alerts and awareness on the COVID-19 pandemic to all TM employees and building tenants
- Conduct routine and thorough sanitisation of TM office buildings and premises.
In the meantime, please stay tuned to our unifi portal, unifi.com.my and official social media accounts via Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates and information.
We will continually monitor for developments on the ongoing situation and adapt our services to help customers, whenever needed as the safety of Warga TM and members of the public are of paramount importance to us. Please continue to take precautionary measures such as social distancing and good personal hygiene to lower the risk and spread of the virus.
#sTayhoMe #stayconnected #staysafe #staystrong